Statement of Commitment
Our service provides an open, welcoming and safe environment for all. We strive to conduct our business to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, respect and fairness when dealing with families. We expect that all stakeholders, staff, families, contractors and other visitors will also conduct themselves appropriately and meet these high standards.
All enrolling parents/ guardians must read and agree to the guiding principles outlined in the parent code of conduct. Parents will be asked to sign a declaration in the enrolment form agreeing to the terms outlined in this code of conduct prior to a placement being confirmed.
Parents who violate the Parent Code of Conduct will not be permitted on the premises of the Denman Children’s Centre thereafter.
As the parent/ guardian of a child enrolled at the Denman Children’s Centre I have the following responsibilities:
When I am on the property of the centre, attending centre events and in all dealings with the centre, including phone and email contact I will:
- Not be under the influence of prohibited drugs or alcohol.
- Not smoke tobacco in or near the building, on the grounds and in the car park
- Not curse or use impolite, abusive or offensive behaviour or language to staff or other families
- Not threaten Denman Children’s Centre employees. Threats of any kind will not be tolerated
- Not use physical or verbal punishment on my child or any other child
- Act courteously at all times
- Respect cultural differences of staff and other families.
- Raise all concerns, issues and problems in accordance with the centre grievance procedure.
It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that all persons authorised to pick up their child/children are aware of the terms outlined above.
This policy will be reviewed annually